Interesting Rhino Question - Wide Base + Bulbous Nose Seeking Feminene Defined Look? (photo)

Hello, an interesting rhino case. I am not looking to make my nose much smaller overall. I do like the side profile of my nose, however looking dead on, it is very masculine at the base -quite wide & bulbous. I refuse to take pics from many angles as a result :( I would like it to be more defined, feminine looking -not bulbous & not as rounded on sides. The skin of my nose is also quite thick (see pic) -this is not ideal either. Please give me your opinion on my best option. Thanks in advance

Bulbous nose.

+1

Hi Foodiechick  I can see from your pictures what you are bothered by I think the majority of the tip size and shape is due to the tip catrtilage rather than the thickness of your skin.. I think that you can obtain quite a dramatic change in both size and definition of the tip like you are looking for.  I would recommend an open approach to allow for more precise size reduction and reshaping of the tip cartilages.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip can be corrected with rhinoplasty.

+1

Your case shows some common features in some patients seeking rhinoplasty. As you noted, your primary aesthetic concern is a wide, or bulbous, tip. Based on your pictures, this appears to be due in part to wide lower lateral cartilages (tip cartilages) that could be modified by trimming them and suturing. You also have thick skin, which cannot be changed surgically but does necessitate good tip support, often with a caudal strut and sometimes with a tip graft. Alar (nostril) reduction would also be beneficial. Your profile looks good; slight tip elevation would be beneficial. No hump reduction is required.

Of course, you should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a thorough consultation and examination and determine the ideal plan for you. My web site gives more details about rhinoplasty, including pictures.

Thanks for your question.

Steven Goldman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

In some cases, a tip rhinoplasty can be performed to refine your tip without changing other aspects. To see if this is possible, you should consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Good Luck.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Refining Wide Nasal Tip

+1

Despite your thick skin your wide nasal tip can be narrowed and the flare of your nostrils reduced. I would also have a patient like you consult with my aesthetician to improve the quality of the nasal skin.