Is Tip Rhinoplasty Right For Me?.

My nose is of an odd shape it is quite pointed from the side view but bulbous from the front. The left side looks bigger than the right. What could be done?.I really wnt it thinned out is it possible.

Is Tip Rhinoplasty Right For Me?

+2

Your nasal tip can absolutely be modified.  It appears from the base view and frontal view that you would benefit from a formal open rhinoplasty as there are several issues I note.  The  reason your nose lacks definition is that there is no distinction from the nasal tip to the supraalar (just above tip) crease.  The nose has the appearance of one region blending into the other without adequate definition to provide a more elegant appearing nose.  There is also a slight twist to the nose which is most assuredly coming from the septum which would also benefit from correction.  I agree with comments of others that the oblique view does have a slight fullness or bump to it.  The checklist of issues that can be improved and corrected is modest and you should expect a very nice change and improvement once a variety of these concerns are addressed.  Make a formal appointment for a consult and ensure that the primary surgeon's plans address all of your issues. 

Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for the photos, but a full lateral would have been helpful because fromt he oblique, it looks like you have a nasal bump.  Certainly the tip could be modified.

Rhinoplasty

+1

The question as to whether rhinoplasty is right for you is far more complex than the tip of your nose.

One question is what are your goals for any rhinoplasty surgery and how likely is it that your goals can be reached

The general answer about tip rhinoplasty is that the vast majority of patients have a noticeable improvement in their nose.  However, the results can differ and it is not possible to promise a result

Paul Carniol, MD
Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

All rhinoplasty surgery should be individualized to meet the needs of each patient. The size and shape of your tip cartilages can be corrected and definition improved with a tip-plasty. However, if the asymmetry is also due to a deviation of the underlying septum, this should  also be corrected.

Rhinoplasty for the pointy, asymmetrical nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the pointy, asymmetrical nose is done by the open technique which I have done for more than 35 years. This allows the surgeon to see the asymmetries and correct them evenly and suture grafts precisely.

Wide nasal tips are from the tip cartilages, crooked noses from the septum

+1

When I was a resident we were taught "as the septum goes, so does the nose." A wide nasal tip is usually from broad nasal tip cartilages called the lower laterals. Thick skin can also contribute. But when the tip is crooked, the lower laterals are often symmetric. It is the septum between them that pushes one side out and the other side of the tip falls in. It usually necessary to address most if not all structures of the nose to obtain an aesthetic, balanced result.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Large bulbous asymmetric nasal tip

+1

The predominant amount of fullness in your tip is due to the anatomy of the lower lateral cartilages. This can be contoured with a tip rhinoplasty. Perfect symmetry may be difficult to achieve.