I Am Interested in Getting Some Work Done on my Sides, Upper and Lower Abs. Cool Sculpting Alternatives?

I recently went into a body// cooling sculpting center where i found out that i am not the type of candidate they are seeking due to my height and wieght risk and i also have asthma. I have reviewing some of the areas most doctors here specializes in however I still need to know the health risk as well as the pros and cons of getting surgical work done. I would like to kno if there are any broad certified doctors in the hartford ct, area. Your response is greatly appreciated.

Coolsculpting and liposuction may or may not be right for someone to lose fat

+1

Please see either a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to evaluate your candidacy for fat reduction with either coolsculpting or liposuction. The ideal candidate for both procedures is a person who has localized fat bulges that are resistant to diet and exercise, but in coolsculpting the applicator must be able to fit the location. Some practices have equipped themselves with all the applicators so they have a wide range of choices.

Coolsculpting by Zeltiq is a great procedure

+1
Coolsculpting is an amazing procedure but you have to be the ideal candidate.The best candidate is at their optimum physical shape and wants a specific problem area to be worked on such as the abdomen or flanks.  If you have a lot of health concerns it sounds like you may need to get into better overall health through diet and exercise and then look into more specific surgical or non-surgical modalities at a later date.

Michele S. Green, MD

Cool Scultping Alternatives

+1

Dear Whitney,

I am sorry that you were not a candidate for cool sculpting as it seems that you were very interested in the procedure.

However, you may be the perfect candidate for the traditional liposuction, tummy tuck, etc.

I recommend that keep with your plan consulting with board certified surgeons of ample experience who will guide you to make a well informed decision.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Alternatives to Coolsculpting

+1

If you're not a candidate for Coolsculpting, cosmetic body contouring might be right for you.  This could include a tummy tuck, liposuction, body lift, and/or thigh lift.  I frequently perform these procedures on patients who initially come in for Coolsculpting, but realize that they can get a much better result with body contouring surgery.  As long as you're cleared by your internist for surgery, you should do very well during cosmetic surgery.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber...Baltimore plastic surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting alternatives

+1

There are several non invasive fat recontouring or fat reduction procedures now available. We offer two in our practice. Coolsculpting in the properly selected patient remains my first choice however.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon