I want my abs tighten and excess skin removed. What procedure would you recommend? How much will it cost? (photo)

I want my abs tighten and the excess skin removed. Is it also possible to have a rib removed for a smaller waist line? I'm very interested in having a tummy tuck. I'm paying cash. What are the normal fees for this procedure?

Power of a tummy tuck

+1
Thanks so much for your question -

An abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) is an incredibly powerful operation designed to improve your abdominal contour.  It improves skin excess, abdominal wall laxity (muscle diastasis) and localized adiposity (extra tummy fat).

A tummy tuck can be combined with liposuction as well.

I hope you find this helpful!

Defining waistline with Tummy Tuck

+1
A Tummy Tuck w/mesh will help in flattening your stomach long-term. It will also define your waistline and help you maintain a healthy weight. I do not recommend rib removal.

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Obtaining a better waist line

+1
Are you a picture. It's difficult to tell exactly what we need from the single picture you sent. Their ways to improve your tummy contouring waistline. Personally what such. The second time he took. I would not advocate having a real. Risk outweighs the benefit and this is not commonly performed procedure by plastic surgeons.

Good luck. 

Earl Stephenson, Jr, M.D., DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

I want my abs tighten and excess skin removed. What procedure would you recommend? How much will it cost?

+1
Poorly flashed posted photo! My guess is Tummy Tuck is the better option for you. Seek IN PERSON evacuations...

You are a candidate for a consultation.

+1
No one can give you worthwhile definative advice about what surgery is best for you based on a single strange photo taken of yourself in a mirror.  Decisions about plastic surgery are based on a detailed medical history, a physical examination and discusson of your goals and what you are and are not willing to accept.  What is the elasticity of your soft tissues?  Do you have a rectus muscle diastasis? How scar adverse are you?  I would advise you to put safety and results ahead of costs; no surgery is more expensive than that which requres major revision.  I would sugget you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

+1
Based on your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a Tummy Tuck and possible liposuction. I would not recommend rib removal.  The cost vary from region to region.  Contact the American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS) for a listing of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Tighter Abs and Skin

+1
On the single profile view I am looking at, I think you would do well with a laser liposuction procedure.  Most of the fat outside of the muscle wall can be removed and the skin tightened with this method.  To achieve optimal results however, you would also need to pursue a low carb and calorie restrictive diet in order to reduce some of the bulge due to fat inside of the abdomen. 

Scott Wells, MD

I want my abs tightened and excess skin removed

+1
It is very difficult to say based on your photographs.  If you have had children and feel the muscles of your tummy are loose and you feel you have loose, stretched out skin in the abdomen, then a tummy tuck may be the best option.  If you don't have loose skin or stretch marks, then liposuction may be the best option for you.  An in office consultation is the best way to make a decision.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and go in for a visit. Many plastic surgeons offer free consultations.   I also would not recommend removing one of your ribs.  Best of luck.

Michael Zarrabi, MD

Abs tightened and excess skin removed

+1
Hello, thank you for your question and the pics. It looks from the picture that you are an excellent candidate for lipo and tummy tuck. The combination of these two procedures will give you a beautiful waistline and a flat tummy. I would also like to do some fat transfer to your buttocks for a little added projection, but that would be your choice. The combination goes for 4,000 dollars, and includes all lab pre op workup, cardiologist consultation, all hospital and anesthesia fees, one compression garment and 10 sessions of post op recovery massages. 

Jose A. León, MD

+1
Thank you for your question .
A full tummy tuck will be required for your case based on the not so good picture you provided. This cost should not cost you over $4595 with liposuction included.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD