I'm Interested in Rhinoplasty, I Want a Smaller Nose. Can This Be Achieved? (photo)

I hate how my nose looks like. I always find myself shying away from taking pictures, because my nose ends up looking so big in pictures and I feel like I ruin the picture. I feel like it is a bit bulbous and I want the tip smaller. I found this app on my iphone that let me play around with my nose, to see how it would look like when it is smaller, and now I am in love. How much would it cost me for this? I want someone I can trust that doesnt charge me an arm & a leg. PLEASE help : )

Rhinoplasty to achieve a smaller nose

+2

During the rhinoplasty procedure the nose tip can be refined and made less bulbous.  The entire nose can be made smaller.  It all depends on what types of techniques are performed during the rhinoplasty procedure to effect the change.  The tip can certainly be narrowed and refined, and the bridge built up.  Our fee for a rhinoplasty is $7,012.  This includes the operating room, the anesthesia, and the surgeon’s fee for performing the surgery.

Rhinoplasty for a big nose

+1

One of the most common reasons that I see patients for rhinoplasty is the reduction of nose size. Reduction of the nasal tip or dorsum is a very realistic and achievable goal. Depending on your location, surgery can range from 6-10K.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your expectations seem reasonable and should be achieve able by an experienced plastic surgeon.  You will likely get many different opinions and prices from different plastic surgeons, but it is worth going on a few consults.  This will allow you to compare surgeons' work as well as prices.   Once you do this you will probably find yourself better informed and your decision will,be easier.  Good,luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Reduction rhinoplasty

+1

Reducing the size of your nose can be done. The surgery is a complex and involved operation that requires anesthesia and an operating facility. There are costs involved with all of these. You should get several consultations so you can develop a feel for what the procedure would entail and it's costs and who you feel most comfortable with. Good luck.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and digital imaging

+1

Although no plastic surgeon can promise you that you will look exactly like a computer generated digital image, the before and after photo results that you posted are possible.  Depending on whether your procedure involves a tip only rhinoplasty or a complete rhinoplasty with nasal bone infracture, and whether the procedure is done under local or general anesthesia, costs can vary from $4,000 to $7,000.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who routinely performs rhinoplasty surgery and ask to see before and after photos of their actual patients.  Best wishes. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Digital Imaging

+1

Dear Jasmine,

I personally use a digital imaging computer with my consulting Rhinoplasty patients and it is very helpful in showing the patient the proposed surgical result. It would be helpful to have some profile photographs and more complete frontal shots however, I think the results you are looking for (per imaging) are very achievable with Rhinoplasty surgery. One thing I do when using the imaging computer is explain to the patient how and what needs to be done to achieve the desired aesthetic result. I also feel it is important that when using the imaging computer you show the patient realistic anticipated results. During the consulting phase I like to show my patients the preoperative photographs of past patients as well as their digital imaging and then their post operative photographs so that the patients can see how close in proximity the results are to the proposed results. Have fun with your APP and after your Rhinoplasty you should be back in front of the camera flash soon with a better self esteem!

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty for Smaller Nose

+1

A rhinoplasty can reduce the size of your nose and improve the definition and refinement so it is more proportional the the surrounding facial features. Over the past 35 years I've always enjoyed working on young people with realistic expectations.

I'm Interested in Rhinoplasty, I Want a Smaller Nose. Can This Be Achieved?

+1

The before and after pictures IMHO aesthetically show a thinner more defined nasal tip which should be achievable with a Closed Rhinoplasty.  Hope this helps.

Realistic rhinoplasty results

+1

Jasmine:

It appears that your expectations are very realistic and in keeping with beautiful facial proportions.Your cost for a procedure of this nature would be in the range of $7,000 with a relatively rapid return to normal activities. You will want to look at pictures of patients who have achieved similar results as well as a 3-D imaging of your anticipated results which is availble in clinics where we do a significant amount of this type of surgery.

Stanley G. Poulos, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results

+1

Morphing software can be an asset to understan wht you want. However,  what is shown can not always be achieved.  it is best to go for a consulation in person to be appropriately evaluated.  Good luck!