Interested in Rhinoplasty in the Near Future! Opinions Please? (photo)

I am in my early 20's now & I have always hated my nose from probably the age of 11. That's when it started to form from the cute nose I had into this long boney nose. I just want it to match my face, not be extremely small. I like my tip when I look in the mirror straight on but when I smile it goes downwards and in a pointed direction. I want to get it lifted slightly but I don't want to change anything about the nostrils. When it comes to the side view I just want my bridge shaved down a bit.

Interested in Rhinoplasty in the Near Future! Opinions Please?

+2

If you want the tip droop improved and the dorsum refined, then these two things can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty for hump removal and down turned tip

+2

The rhinoplasty procedure can address shortening a long bony nose. This will involve shaving down cartilage and bone along the dorsum, and osteotomies to prevent an open roof deformity. The tip can be lifted slightly yet leaving the nostrils alone. Releasing the depressor septi ligament will prevent the tip  from drooping upon animation and smiling. This can all be performed under closed rhinoplasty techniques, as an outpatient procedure. Please see the link below  to our rhinoplasty photo gallery for examples similar to your own

Interested in rhinoplasty in the near future

+2

Your expectations for rhinoplasty sound realistic. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. They may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you, which will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. A computer morphed photo can be a great communication tool between the patient and surgeon, and helps to ensure the patient achieves a result they are happy with. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty Candidate

+2

Your concerns sound reasonable.  I see the issues that bother you.  You appear to be a great candidate for a Rhinoplasty.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who does lots of Rhinoplasty surgeries for an exam, and to discuss your concerns and expectations.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Subtle rhinoplasty can make big difference.

+2

Hi.

I can see the things that bother you, and they sound reasonable. You look like you need a conservative closed rhinoplasty with no nostril work.  The muscles at the base of the nose are detached so tip does not come down when you smile.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)