I Am Interested in What Procedure Would Result in the Best Looking Breasts, Lift or Implants? (photo)

I am wondering if I could get away with implants for more fullness without a lift.( i have breastfed 2 kids and lost a lot of fullness)

Breast Choices

+1

Maybe to clarify other answers a bit. If a very full look is what you want, then a subglandular or bi-planar (above muscle or partially above) approach would be best. This would fill the skin out, but a large implant would be needed. 

Otherwise a breast lift and augmentation would produce a firmer higher look

Breast lift and augmentation

+1

I agree with Jourdan Gottlieb and Richard Rand.  You are not likely to achieve a good outcome with implants alone.  Breast implants (alone) would not tighten or re-position the breasts, and would potentially exacerbate the effects of gravity over time.  Please be careful to seek consultation with an American Board of Plastic Surgery(ABPS)-certified plastic surgeon.

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon

+1

17 expert responders! So my input is why not BOTH??? Best to seek in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. 

Breast Implants don't lift sagging breasts

+1

When breasts sag, they need lift before any consideration needs to be given for augmentation.

Your pictures show severe sagging.  Mastopexy will need to be integral part of any other enhancement.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Implants, lift, both?

+1

I don't have the benefit of exam, and specifically, I don't have my tape measure handy, but from the looks of your pics, I still feel confident that you will at least need a lift, based on the nipple location referable to the inframammary fold (where the under wire sits).

If you only get implants, your breasts will get larger, and you will get upper pole fullness, with improved shape in that area, but the breast tissue and nipple will flag off of the implant.  Eventually, you will want the lift.

If you get only the lift, you will get a nice shape, but the breast will be smaller, and you may not get all the upper pole fullness that you want.  Of course, you can opt for the implant at the same time or later, depending on your needs.  It is safer to do as a second procedure.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Lift or Implants?

+1

You have so much ptosis (sag) that implants alone would predictably have a poor outcome, which your own breast tissue draping off the implants. In the photo, your arms are elevated, simulating in part a lift, so the amount of sagging is more than is apparent. 

Best bet is a consultation with a plastic surgeon. When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

For a youthful appearance you will need a breast lift with or without implants

+1

In order for you to have a more youthful breast contour and shape you will definitely need a breast lift.  You have a significant degree of breast ptosis or sagging.  An implant alone will not be able to give you a satisfactory result.  You may consider a breast lift without an implant if you are satisfied with your breast size.  

Not just implants

+1

It looks like you have significant ptosis of your breasts and would benefit from a lift. Implants alone just add volume.

What Procedure Would Result in the Best Looking Breasts

+1

From your photgraphs, it appears you have quite a bit of breast tissue but it is too low for an optimal aesthetic appearance. You will definitely need a full lift to optimize your appearance. I would suggest you do that first. It is very likely you will like the new look. But if you are not large enough it would not be hard to do an augmentation after the lift is well healed and the swelling has gone. Be sure the lift is the type that actually moves the breast tissue to a higher location and fixes it to the chest wall. If you only do a skin tightening you will be wasting your time and money.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Lift vs. breast implants

+1

Based on your pictures, your nipple is below your breast crease -- this means that you will definitely benefit from a lift to raise your nipple and remove excess skin so that the nipple/areola complex is centered over your breast tissue.  The decision on whether or not to have implants as well is based on whether you would like to be slightly larger in size or not.  Placing implants without a lift will not reposition your nipple or create a breast where the nipple is centered on the breast mound.  I would suggest that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and what would be best for you.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon