I Am Interested in my Options for Rhinoplasty and Buccal Fat Reduction? (photo)

I am a male, 20 years of age and has never had surgery. I wanted to reduce the width of my nose as well as the size of the nostrils and the size of my lower cheeks.

I Am Interested in my Options for Rhinoplasty and Buccal Fat Reduction?

+1

I think that the tip and alar base can be refined to give you a nose more like what you envision.   The buccal fat pad removal may be appropriate as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty and buccal fat pad reduction may be safely combined

+1

It is safe to combine both the procedures you seek. Expectation management is critical in ethnic rhinoplasty buccal fat reduction. Seek an experienced facial plastic surgeon's opinion. 

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and cheeks

+1

Slyder1993, There is certainly no reason you should not entertain the thought of a rhinoplasty but you do need to find a facial aesthetic specialist that is familiar with ethnic noses. As usual I recommend that you see at least 3 rhinoplasty specialists and view as many of their photos as possible and base your decision on that information. I do not remove buccal fat but will rarely remove some of the fat pad of Bichet. You may want to consider cheek and chin implants as an alternative although it is difficult to discern how much you may benefit from these approaches based on your photo. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for width reduction and alar-plasty

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure involves narrowing the bridge with osteotomies. Tip cartilages are narrowed with suture techniques to refine and narrow the lower lateral cartilages of the tip. An alar-plasty will involve narrowing the nostrils at the base. This is all performed by closed rhinoplasty techniques under a general anesthetic as an outpatient surgical procedure. We do not recommend buccal fat pad removal

Rhinoplasty and buccal fat removal

+1

Find a surgeon who is well trained in ethnic rhinoplasty for an evaluation.  You should be able to improve the nose and the cheek.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Bulbous Tip In Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

You can certainly narrow your bridge and tip by doing an Ethnic Rhinoplasty. The buccal fat removal may slim down your cheeks somewhat but some of the fullness in your cheeks cannot be decreased.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS