I'm interested in a chin augmentation, however unsure whether my age is suitable? (photo)

I'm interested in a chin augmentation. However I'm unsure about my suitability due to my age. I'm 17(-1yr pubity). This would really balance my face and improve my self esteem (: Could you also share the average price of a augmentation in the uk? I'll add a photo to aid :) thankyou for your time

I'm interested in a chin augmentation, however unsure whether my age is suitable?

+1
If you have finished growth, you could be a candidate for a chin implant.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of facial procedures and chin implants each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Chin augmentation can help balance the facial profile

+1
You have made a very astute observation that your chin doesn't match up to the rest of your facial profile. I don't know what this costs in the UK, but I can recommend a good surgeon. See Dr. Julian Rowe-Jones for an opinion.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

+1
Yes, you are a candidate for a chin implant.  17 is young, but as long as you and your parent/parents understand agree, you could have the procedure done.  It is a safe procedure with minimal downtime.  The incision is under the chin and not noticeable!

Chin surgery

+1
Age 17 is not a problem with chin augmentation as long as the patient is mature enough to have the procedure.  You will need parental consent for treatment.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD, DDS  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Chin Augmentation at what age?

+1
You appear to be a candidate for chin augmentation but a face to face visit and some other information is required.  Since you are a minor, parental consent would be required.  Age itself is not restrictive to treatment and can be throughout and after the growth phase.  I have done chin implants on children with facial deformities to improve their appearance.

Joe Niamtu, III DMD
Cosmetic Facial Surgery Richmond, Virginia 

Joseph Niamtu, III, DMD
Richmond Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Possible chin augmentation

+1
Your photo is not entirely a true profile view, so it is not ideal to evaluate your face.  It is possible that you might be a candidate for a small chin implant.  The recession of your chin does not appear severe.  In the U.S. you would need consent of a parent to be able to undergo surgery at age 17.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon