Interested in Breast Reduction. 36c Maybe D to a Small B, Will It Cost Alot? I Want my Breast to Match my Body!

Hi, I am a 28 yr old female from Pennsylvania. I am 5ft tall and weigh 134lbs. I have had 2 children, oldest 8, youngest 6. My breast size is 36c, or so this is what I buy, could possibly be a D. I am thinking of having breast reduction to go to a small B cup. My sister and I wear the same size, but she is taller than me so they look smaller. She always makes fun of me since I'm smaller that mine look huge! I'd like my face to be the first thing people see, not my breast! Any advice?

Going from a large C or small D down is not a breast reduction

+1

Going from a large C or small D down is not a breast reduction, but would be more descriptive of a mastopexy (lift) surgery which may or maynot involve removing small amounts of tissue. The size you're describing would make this a cosmetic case rather then an insurance eligible procedure in all likilihood

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery;  The best place to start may be a visit with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss options. Make sure you see lots of examples of his/her work and learn about the potential risks/complications associated with the procedure. Generally speaking, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations were performed.

Sometimes  breast reduction surgery is covered by health insurance companies. The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.

This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.