I'm interested in getting a Brazilian Butt lift. Should I lose weight before my procedure?

I'm interested in getting a Brazilian Butt lift. My current weight is 193lbs and my heights is 5'3 my weight is proportioned my body measurement are proportioned. My question is should I lose weight before the getting the procedure?

BBL

+2

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation is required in order to determine which procedures and techniques will work for you.

Dr. Campos

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BBL and weight

+1
You should approach your goal weight before having a BBL.  But, you still want adequate fat reserves to harvest the fat from. Good luck.

Weight loss before fat transfer procedure

+1
You should probably lose some weight prior to surgery in order to decrease your complication rate. However this is difficult to answer without seeing photos so I would recommend consulting with a few plastic surgeons in person to get a better idea and a good physical exam.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

+1
Weight loss may help your overall physique, but this is hard to determine without photos or an exam and a discussion of your goals.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Optimal weight BBL

+1
Thank you for your answer.
If your proportions are what you like and your weight is what you desire, I see no benefit to loose weight.
You will need fat removed from undesirable areas, purified and then transferred to your buttock.
I suggest you make a appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who regularly performs Brazilian Butt lifts in your area.

Robert A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Riverside Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift Candidate

+1
Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us.

Without seeing high quality pictures of you, it is difficult to determine if you need to gain or lose weight to achieve the results you desire.  

My advice to you is that you research board-certified plastic surgeons in your area who specialize in the Brazilian butt lift. Request before and after pictures from their office and make sure the doctor will be able to deliver the results you seek.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

-Dr. Constantino Mendieta

Constantino G. Mendieta, MD

+1
Thank you for your question .

Depending the on the realistic results you are looking for you might not need to loose or gain any weight.
Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer. Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD