Interested in Having a BBL, However Had Spinal Pelvic Surgery in 09 and Had Hardware in Pelvic Ring?

I want to have a Brazilian Butt Lift Provedure. I had spinal pelvic surgery in 2009 and had hardware put in my pelvic ring. The hardware was removed in July of 2012 however my lower left lower back right above the left glute is still sore from the hardware in that area. Would it be ok for me to under go this procedure and is there a technique that doctors use for patients like me? Thank you

Brazilian Buttlift and Hardware Removal

+2

Provided that you have healed from hardware removal and have been cleared by your spine surgeon, you can undergo Brazilian buttlift.  Usually, the Brazilian buttlift poses to increased risk to anything following spinal surgery, as the two surgeries occur in different areas and different planes.  Just find a plastic surgeon who does hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Discuss with your Spine Surgeon

+1

It should be ok to have a BBL after pelvic surgery.  Discuss this matter further with your spine surgeon and plastic surgeon to make sure that everyone clearly understands the risks. All the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

BBL and passed pelvic and spinal cord surgery are not contraindicated/ bbl y las cirugias previas no estan contraindicadas

+1

BBL is not  contraidicated with you only to watch with nursery how to manage to you in spetial ways like cushion utilization, and slow movements to change position during, before and after surgery in order to avoid pain or pelvic and spinal cord lesions.

BBL no esta contraindicada en tu caso solo habra que poner mayor cuidado con enfermeria para la movilizacion previa durante y despues de tu cirugia

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon