Interested in Breast Lift with Minimal Scarring.

I have wanted a breast lift since I was a teen (due to weight fluctuations) but do not want the scars that go with it! I do understand scarring is inevitable, but I was hoping technology would improve as the years passed...it hasn't. I'm now 30 and I don't want to wait anymore. I'm obviously interested in techniques with minimal scarring. Additionally, my breasts are also covered in stretch marks which I'm hoping an implant will help alleviate. What would you suggest based on my pictures?

No vertical scar-no implant breast lift

+3

Hi, judging from your photos, you have significant skin to do my procedure. My only question to you is if you want to be larger or keep the size you now have. With my revolutionary technique I can take your excess skin and make an internal bra that will lift and produce upper pole fullnes such as that of an implant. If a lift is all that you desire, you are a perfect candidate for my procedure!

• I reshape your breast by making an internal cone from your own tissue
  • Then, I use your extra skin to make an internal bra that lifts your breasts permanently to your chest
  • I have successfully eliminated the vertical scar
  • Your incisions are well hidden around the areola and under the natural crease under neath your breasts

Remember, that if you decide to go larger than what you are now, implants will eventually re-stretch your skin and you will eventually have the same problem you have now, except LARGER! That will be more difficult to correct! I've been doing this longer than 20yrs and trust me gravity always wins. So do your homework and choose wisely. Best of luck!

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/Default.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

How to get a breast lift with minimal scarring

+2
Thank you for your question and photographs.  Fortunately you do not have a significant amount of ptosis so a circumareolar or periareolar breast lift or mastopexy should be all that is required.  When these procedures done properly by an experienced plastic surgeon the scarring should be minimal and hardly noticeable.

From your photographs I suggest that you may choose to have a small breast implant to give you the fullness and firmness that will make your breasts look their best.

The breast lift and implants will not significantly improve your stretch marks unless they are depressed.  If the stretch marks are depressed then the breast implant mayefface them a bit and improve their appearance but will not remove them.

Please read the link below for more information.  Also please consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in newer breast lift techniques and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/breast-lift/sagging-breasts-how-to-lift-and-firm-your-breast-after-pregnancy/

Breast lift with minimal scarring

+2

Based on your description and your photographs, the choices to make are:

1. Circumareolar mastopexy (donut breast lift) where the scars are placed only around the areola - the best scar possible, but the downside is future stretching of the areola and less control on the skin

vs.

vertical scar mastopexy, where you will have scars around the areola as well as a scar running down from areola towards the fold under the breast - gives a better shape at the cost of the additional scarring.

2. With or without implants - if you are happy with the current breast size, you obviously won't need implants. On the other hand the mastopexy will never be able to get rid of all the stretchmarks. But an implant will fill up the breast and make the stretchmarks less conspicuous.

Now, you will have to decide whether you wish bigger breasts, and if you are happy to accept the additional vertical scar.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Mastopexy Scars

+1

Based on experience, I would suggest that your 1st concern should be obtaining the best results possible (scarring concerns should be secondary).  Most patients undergoing this procedure will accept scarring as long as their overall goals in regards to size, shape, contour and symmetry are met. 

In other words, if you select your surgeon based on  the offer of a “limited scar” procedure you may be disappointed with the results.

Also, be careful about communicating your goals with specific cup size references.  You may find this to be inaccurate and again a source of dissatisfaction postoperatively. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastliftaug.htm

Breast Lift with Optimal Scars

+1

Any body contouring operation produces scars. That being said, how can you minimize scars or reduce their appearance.

When considering a breast lift, it depends on how much the beast sags as to how much skin needs to be removed and the shape of the scar.  If the nipple is at the fold, and you have reasonable breast volume and skin tone, a round block or circum-aerolar mastopexy gives nice results. The scar will be camouflaged by the color change between the dark aerola and surrounding lighter skin.

If the nipple is below the fold, you may need a vertical  skin excision, with a round block mastopexy, sometimes called a lollipop lift. If you don't have sufficient breast tissue you may need an implant to give volume to the superior pole of the breast. Implant size should be conservative as big implants are like big breasts and will subsequently make your breast sag more and bottom out. Remember, the quality of the skin is not as good as it once was, otherwise you would not be needing a breast lift.

Patients with saggy breasts often want extreme superior pole fullness or the "bolt on look".. This effect may be initially achieved, but is often short lived due to the weight of larger implants. The root of the breast is anatomically determined, and is the superior portion of the breast where the slope begins. Implants with a lift can elevate this aera, but it often returns to its pre-surgical position.

If the nipple points to the ground, and you have excessive breast length with poor quality skin you may need a T scar, sometimes referred to as an anchor scar.

Stretch marks are not improved with implants.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift options

+1

There are a number of breast lift approaches.  The best option for any particular patient will be determined by the amount of ptosis (droopiness), the amount of breast tissue present, the quality of the skin, and whether or not an implant is used.  For patients with moderate droopiness, and minimal breast tissue, the best option is a circumareolar (donut) breast lift with the placement of a breast implant.  Some of these patients may also require the addition of a vertical scar if there is still skin excess inferiorly.  The only way for a patient to know which option is best is do undergo a thorough evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon experienced with these procedures.

Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

+1

There are many different approaches to breast rejuvenation surgery and each has to be customized to the individual patient.  Based on your pictures, it appears that you would need an augmentation and mastopexy to achieve the best results.  However, you would need to be seen in person to evaluate your anatomy and tissue quality.  In all likelihood you will require a traditional lift with a lollipop and anchor incision.  Anything less will likely not result in a natural shaped breast or will have considerable tension on a minimal incision which may result in a shorter incision but a bad looking scar.  Incisions generally heal very nicely and it would be a shame if you sacrifice results because you are scared of the necessary incisions.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Breast lift with minimal scarring

+1

The type of breast lift that works best and gives the best result is the one that is needed based on how much overhang over the inframammary fold a patient has and how low the nipple is below the level of the fold.  In other words, more minimal versus more extensive scars are determined by how much sagging a patient has.  A more minimal lift with lesser scars will give a compromised result that the patient will not be happy with, that is, unless they had mild sagging and were a good candidate for that minimla lift.  In any event, although I have not examined you, you look like you need at least a vertical lift with a scar around the areola, which would be lifted, and a vertical scar from the areola down to the crease.  No lift will give you any reliable fullness in the upper portion of the breast, so if you are hoping for this, you will need to consider an implant as well.

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/breast-lift-surgery.html

Breast lift

+1

Thanks for the photos. Of course, a consutlation and physical exam are key to determine what would be best for you, but in general a lift can be performed combined with implant placmenet., In mild forms of droop, a circumareola procedure limiting the scar around the border of the areola can be performed. I do this all the time. If you need more of a lift because of significant laxity a vertical lift using a "lollipop" incision can be performed.  Good luck in finding the right surgeon for you!

Short scar breast lift

+1

you will have great reults with short scar breast lift. better shape, longer lasting results, and less scars.

Panama City Plastic Surgeon