When and Where is Permanent Internal Bra Surgery Available?

i am interested in a certain breast enhancement procedure called cup&up, which I read about in the Daily Mail. It's a silicone cup inserted under a women's breast in a minimally invasive surgery that would act as a sort of permanent bra. Does anyone know when this procedure would be available? And if so, where?

The Internal Bra IS Available- and Regularly Used in my Practice

+3

The internal bra surgery is readily available at my office here in Dallas, Texas.  The idea was initially conceptualized for breast reconstruction and is now being used regularly for breast augmentation, especially revisions.  The internal bra is made of an acellular dermal material which is actually attached to the chest wall forming a “cup” to support the breast implant.  The internal bra is not made of silicone, but the silicone implant sits in this hammock like cup that is made by this acellular dermal matrix material.  Using this material, we are able to contour the breast as we see fit, are able to create perfect cleavage, and prevent implants from sliding laterally (or to the side).  Using the internal bra we can achieve lasting results for patients who have had issues in the past with “bottoming out”.  I have been implanting the internal bra for several years now and have had excellent results and have numerous testimonials from pleased patients.  Many patients have come to our office after repeated attempts in other offices to make their implants stay up and in the position they desire, and they have finally have been pleased after having this internal bra implanted.

When and Where is Permanent Internal Bra Surgery Available

+1

As far as I know this is not currently available but there have been many other attempts at creating this effect using a variety of various materials including those used for hernia repair. These have a relatively high complication rate with potential for exposure and extrusion and are not popular.

Internal bra

+1

What an interesting concept. But unfortunately in the US the devices to be placed around the breast gland internally are not available.

Internal bra breast lift

+1

There are a number of materials that are available in other countries for use in cosmetic procedures, but not FDA approved in the US. Any time that a synthetic product is used in the body it is important to remember that there are possible side effect and complications, especially if the material is permanent. In addition there may be interference with visualization of breast tissue on mammograms.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

What is the internal bra and when is it available?

+1

The device you are describing is not available in the u.s. and I expect it is at least several years away. What the term "internal bra" most often refers to is the use of what is called acellular dermal matrix such as Alloderm or Strattice. ACD's are used in breast reconstruction and revisions of breast implant surgery, where they very much serve as an internal bra. There is a meshed version in development for breast lift without implants. More info on Strattice is available at renewingyou.com.

Richard Baxter, MD