Where are the Scars Located After a Brazilian Butt Lift?

Hi I'm interested in the Brazilian Butt Lift. Can you tell me where the scars are and are they very visable. Thank you

A Brazilian Butt Lift Is A Fat Injection Procedure

+3

By the nature of your question, it appears that you under the assumption that a Brazilian Butt Lift uses actual incisions like any other lift procedure used in the face or body. Ironically, it does not and the procedure is a bit of a misnomer. It does not use any skin cut out or actual skin lifting. It is a fat injection procedure which adds substantial fat graft volume to the buttocks. By expanding the size of the buttocks, there is some 'lifting' that may take place. In reality, the size of the buttocks gets bigger. The lifting effect is usually fairly small. 

Access Port Incisions after Brazilian Butt Lift are well hidden

+2

The Brazilian Butt Lift does not involve major incisions.  It is a fat harvesting and injecting procedure that involves liposuction to harvest fat from different parts of the body, and reinjection into the buttocks through narrow cannulas via small 2-4 millimeter incisions to augment buttock volume, shape, and projection.  The access port incisions themselves for liposuction and the fat grafting are located in different areas depending on the body part worked on, and surgeon preference.  Typically, the buttock incisions I create are located in the lower outer buttock crease, as well as medially towards the top of the buttocks.  These incisions are minimal in nature and typically heal well, becoming virtually imperceptible in many patients.

Samuel Sohn, MD

Incisions from Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Like my collegues above have suggested, the Brazilian Butt Lift is poorly named as it suggests there are significant incisions.  Here in our practice, we use very small cannulas to place the fat back into your buttocks and these marks are smaller than a needle-sized opening.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Incisions location for a Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Dear Nutlips,

The incision locations are somewhat negotiable.  There are harvest incisions and injection incisions which can be planned to be inconspcious dictated somewhat by your swimwear.  Bringing a bathing suit bottom can help serve as a guide.

Good luck

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift

+1

This procedure achieved the lifting by increasing the volume through fat transfer. Therefore there are no incisions.

David L. Abramson, MD