Intentional Deflation Followed by Explant W/ Lift Approach..pros? Cons?

I've had saline implants since 2003, and want them out. No complications, just no longer want the look or maintenance. Since they've been in so long, and are over 500cc's, I assume I'll "need" a full lift. I plan to have an explant/lift this Summer, but can't do that immediately, (scheduling) I'd like to have a PS intentionally deflate them ASAP. I'm desperate to be rid of the size, and also to let the skin retract some, and allow me to see how much natural tissue I have. All input appreicated!

Intentional deflation before surgery?

+2

This is a technique I use all the time. I beleive that deflatting your implants prior to surgery gives you an honest idea of your breast tissue also allows your tissue to contract and lift itself, thus improving your post -op results. Great technique and good luck in your procedure!

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Intentional Deflation of Breast Implants (Prior to Breast Lifting)?

+2

This is one option that may be useful for patient who has decided that she is certain that she wants her breast implants removed. Intentional deflation will allow for gradual retraction  up the breast skin envelope and may help with pre-operative planning/marking necessary for breast lifting surgery.

There is minimal potential downside to this approach for a determined patient like yourself.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/

Deflating saline implants

+2

Deflating the saline implants prior to surgery is certainly possible but it also may lead to some deformity of the breasts.

Deflation

+2

THis is a very good option.  Allows you to see how much sagging you have, and understand the volume you will have after a lift.  I use it routinely

Intentional deflation of Breast Implants

+2

Intentional delfation of implants is  one way to  try on a smaller breast and to allow the skin to retract somewhat.  It is however a serious decision as once you have punctured the implant there is no turning back -  you cannot reinflate the implant nor can you stop the deflation halfway. It may also help you decide what size you really want to be as the implant deflates. 

Deflation of saline implants.

+2

This is a valid option, and as you say, can give you an idea of what your breasts might look like after the implants are removed. It can also help your surgeon determine if you need a lift, and how extensive it might be. You may have some deformity as the skin retracts and heals, so you need to be prepared for this. Your surgeon can give your more individual pros and cons during your consultation.