Intense Rawness and Discomfort 6 Weeks After Full TT with Lipo Normal?

I am 60 years old and had a full TT with lipo Nov 2. I have 4 friends that had the same procedure (2 with same doctor) and their pain level at 6 weeks were much more improved than mine. My entire abdominal area, including sides, has an intense raw and painful sensation that is not improving. I limit any activities away from home to about an hour because I can't stand to wear clothes. Is this abnormal to not feel any improvement in the rawness at 6 weeks?

Types of Pain after Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+2

There can be a burning pain especially after liposuction.  As long as there is no redness indicating infection, the pain should improve with time.  Everyone experiences surgery and recovery differently, however, it is always a good idea to see your surgeon for followup.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Recovery?

+2

Every patient heals differently so it is not a good idea to compare your  recovery to your friends'  recovery. I think you are still within the normal recovery  where patients can have continued discomfort/"rawness" depending on the extent of surgery. I have found that liposuctioned  areas especially can  cause the hypersensitivity that you are describing.

You should continue close follow-up with your plastic surgeon to rule out other sources of the discomfort;  reassurance by him/her will be more meaningful after direct examination.

Pain after tummy tuck

+2

You should be improving at this point.  Have your surgeon evaluate you to see if an etiology of the pain may be found.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

No

+2

Discomfort should be getting better in the days and weeks after surgery. There are ups and downs, but intense anything at 6 weeks warrants an evaluation by your surgeon. Below I have embedded a video of my wife 4 weeks after I did her tummy tuck. :)

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Discomfort six weeks after tummy tuck is not the norm

+2

The intense discomfort you have six weeks after your tummy tuck with liposuction is certainly not the norm. Most are quite comfortable and out after a two weeks. Better see your surgeon.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Intense Rawness 6 weeks after Tummy Tuck

+2

This does not sound like a typical recovery. Call you surgeon to be seen as you may have a bad skin reaction or infection.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Rawness is a concern

+2

Rawness to me implies a skin issue.  A  reaction to something or a result of the liposuction. I would discuss with your plastic surgeon and make sure all is healing well without infection.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD