When Can I Do Intense Exercise After Smart Lipo?

When will I be able to start intense exercise after the Smart Lipo procedure? I love to do cardio kickboxing and free weight training, how long do I have to wait to do intense workouts?

Excercising after Smart Lipo...

+1

Recovering from Smartlipo is a relatively easy process, but it is still important to follow the post op directions.  Starting intense workouts too quickly can delay your healing and ultimately affect your result.  Initially, you need to wait until the soreness has resolved to start exercising - usually about two weeks.  Then the exercise has to be gradual - if it hurts or causes swelling, then don't do it.  As you feel OK, then the intensity can be increased until you are back to normal - probably about 4 weeks.  Ultimately, you must listen to your surgeon when planning your workout schedule after surgery.

Edison Plastic Surgeon

Return to exercise after liposuction

+1

Depending on the location of your surgery, such as abdomen vs. lovehandles, your surgeon may tell you not to exercise for a different number of weeks, especially with the significant exercise you will incur with kickboxing. The surgeon who did your surgery must be the one to tell you your restrictions.

Ronald Shelton, MD