Intense burning sensation in both eyes after Botox. Eyelids feel stretched. Can it lead to eye(lid) problems?

Botox for first time on December 3rd 2013 on my forehead, glabella, crow's feet, total of 35 units. Same night head-, neck aches, burning sensation in both eyes. Then swelling of my upper eyelids. A couple of days before Botox, felt like something in my left eye, eventually went away, until the morning after Botox. Keratoconjunctivitis for weeks, still dry, sensitive eyes, big eye bags for 3 weeks now. Outside corners of eyes are different since Botox, 'wider', 'pulling' sensation, irritation.

Dry and Irritated Eyes from Botox?

+1
The sensations you describe before the Botox are what we find when a patient has a mild corneal abrasion. You may have been recovering from this when you had the Botox treatment, but it takes quite some time for the new epithelium growing over the cornea to be strong and normal again.

Botox has been reported to worsen dry eyes, even though I have never seen this happen in my patients.  If this was an issue for you, you could have abraded the new cells over the cornea again when blinking, after the Botox treatment.

If you have a problem with dry eyes, your opthamologist can definitely help you with this.  Once that is treated, you should be able to have Botox again, as long as it is injected by an expert.

Conjuctivitis and ? relation to Botox

+1
It sounds like, based on your story, it is possible that you were developing conjunctivitis anyway a couple days before the Botox treatment.  This eye inflammatory infection can cause plenty of swelling on its own without the presence of Botox.  I don't think the timing was so great for you to have Botox when this infection may have been brewing but at the same time it should not cause any lasting problems.  Conjunctivitis is most often started by a virus and less commonly bacteria, and it does seem to be going around, not Bob Costas TV announcer who had to bow out of hosting the Olympics.
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon