Intense Back Pain 6 Years After Breast Augmentation

6 years ago I had breast augmentation. 4 months after surgery the doctor had to fix my left pocket, the implant was lower than the right- by creating a scar under my left breast. Now, I have been experiencing awful upper back pain (next to shoulder blade and shoulder) mostly only on the left side, (my pinky & ring finger go numb). I have seen countless doctors & at my age of 27, every doctor tells this is isn't normal. I cant help but wonder could it be associated with my breast surgery?

Upper back pain after augmentation

+2

I believe have seen  this as a compensatory levator scapulae muscle spasm in response to pectoralis muscle reslease.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Back pain after breast augmentation

+1

It is extremely unlikely that there is any association between your breast augmentation and revision surgeries 6 years ago and the intense back and shoulder pain and finger numbness you are describing. These neurological symptoms are best evaluated by an orthopedic surgeon or neurosurgeon to determine the cause.

NO Relation between Back Pain and Breast Implant pocket revision 6 years Earlier

+1

There is no clinically explicable way why a breast augmentation followed by a breast pocket revision 6 years earlier could result in severe back pain. I would see a medical back specialists and get a MRI looking for a spine process which is much more likely to be the cause.

Back Pain Following Augmentation

+1

You can never say never (or always)  in medicine, but it is highly unlikely that there is a relationship between your pain and your augmentation from 6 years ago.  Since you are having having neurological symptoms, you should be seen by a neurosurgeon or an orthopaedis surgeon who specializes in backs.