Will Insurance Cover A Revision After a Cyst Removal that Left One Nostril Wider than the Other? (photo)

I have had invasive surgery to remove a sinus cyst. It has been 6 months now and I noticed that the side I had surgery on is wider than the other side. Will the insurance cover the surgery to fix it?

Revision after cyst removal

+1

Insurance may cover a revision procedure, but some insurance companies refuse to reimburse for these types of procedures. Contact your surgeon and see if he/she can get a pre-authorization. Good luck; I hope it works out for you.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal cyst

+1

the first step is to have it examined by the doctor who did your surgery or another plastic surgeon to figure out what is going on.  If it is indeed a cyst your insurance should cover it.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Nostril Asymmetry Secondary to Sinus Cyst Removal

+1

I wish I could tell you that the your insurance company will pay for correction of a problem caused by necessary surgery. Unfortunately it will depend on your coverage and the company who covers your health needs. Your surgeon's office can contact your insurance company and help you determine if they will pay for this operation.

Insurance Coverage/Revision

+1

It is definitely worth a try to contact insurance company with the proper codes to see if they would cover a revision of your original surgery.  It really depends on your coverage,deductables, co-pays, in or out of network benefits.  Good Luck!

David Alessi, MD

Will Insurance Cover A Revision After a Cyst Removal that Left One Nostril Wider than the Other?

+1

I doubt the insurance company will consider covering and cosmetic issue based upon the cyst removal however, you can always contact them and see.

Insurance coverage for Nasal asymmetry following cyst removal

+1

Your health insurance company may cover the cost of surgical correction of your nasal asymmetry if it was the result of a surgical excision.  Your surgeon would need to obtain pre-authorization from your insurance company.  I would suggest you submit photos of your nose with your request to your insurance company.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

+1

Very hard to answer. Best to have the chosen surgeon send a letter of predetermination to your health insurance company. 

Asymmetry after cyst removal

+1

This depends on the benefits of your specific insurance plan.  Many insurance companies will only cover procedures only if there is a functional (breathing) problem 

Sam Naficy, MD