Insurance Coverage for Tummy Tuck for Diastasis Repair?

It's been 7 years since the birth of my last daughter and I look like I'm several months pregnant. Will my insurance cover my Tummy Tuck for diastasis repair?

Not in California

+1

I have many patients who look three months (or more!) pregnant with wide rectus diastasis and cannot get coverage. More typically covered is panniculitis, intertrigo (for the hanging skin causing rashes, if you have any), umbilical hernia, and scar revision if you have a Csection scar. Not that it pays that well, but at least it is something.

Unfortunately not

+1

Insurance companies have moved far away from covering anything that can be construed as cosmetic.  Unless you have a true hernia, not just a diastasis, they won't cover it as "medically necessary."

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS