5'2, 115lbs, 28i, Am I A Candidate For Insurance Covered Breast Reduction?

I'm large chested. I love my breasts but now that I'm in my mid-20s and have had a child they're becoming an issue. I have regular back and neck aches and have migraines. I'm about 115lbs and 5ft2in. I wear a 28i. What's the process? Do I need to see someone for my back / neck pains to document them? Can I go through my OBGYN? The girls are still perky. Will that change at all? Are there any schools in Denver where I could get it low cost? I have Medicaid so will probably pay OOpocket.

Insurance

+1

Breast reduction may be covered by insurance if you meet certain critera, specified by your insurance coverage.  Often times, insurance company will need documentation of back pain, shoulder pain, photos, your height and weight, size of your breasts and proposed weight of breast tissue that would be removed.  If you do not meet the criteria set by your insurance coverage, you will need to undergo breast reduction by self-pay.  Your self-pay breast reduction cost will differ depending on your surgeon's fee, facility fee, and anesthesia fee.  There is a geographic difference as well.  It will vary from $8000-$10,000.  Please visit with board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss the overall cost as well as potential risks, alternatives, and benefits.  Good luck to you.

Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

Breast reduction is designed to improve the appearance and symptoms of overly large breasts by reducing their size and reshaping them. The surgery is specifically designed to relieve symptoms of pain and discomfort in the breasts, shoulders, neck and upper back.

New developments in breast reduction surgery include the limited incision techniques, including the LeJour technique and the use of liposculpture for artistic shaping of the breast.

Each insurance company is different with what they require to "authorize" the breast reduction surgery through insurance.  I write a letter and send photos of the patient when trying to get authorization (I am sure most plastic surgeons do this as well).  Also getting supporting letters from other doctors who can document that you have had neck, back and shoulder pain and/or rashes due to the large breasts. Supporting documentation is usually very helpful.

Breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations I do.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Breast reduction options

+1

If you love your shape, you may be a good candidate for liposuction breast reduction.  So called "scarless breast reduction".  Out of pocket, this may be a less expensive option as well.   Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with experience in all types of breast reduction.

Web reference: http://www.yorkyates.com

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon