Will Insurance Pay for Another Septorhinoplasty?

About 3 weeks after my septorhinoplasty, I suffered a tap to the nose which was enough to cause a large (and permanent) bump form on the left side of my bridge. I have also noticed my right nostril has gone back to being mostly occluded. I have scheduled a consultation with the doc who performed my first surgery because I trust him and he is highly certified. I'm just curious what to expect at the consult/ if there is a chance insurance will pay for another procedure.

Lots of options

+2

The good news is that you have a comfortable relationship with your surgeon.

You absolutely should have them evaluate you. Depending on the circumstances of the injury it very well may be covered by health insurance.

If it's not covered a small irregularity like this should be able to taken care of in the clinic setting under local anesthesia which would likely incur only a very small cost

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Insurance Payment for 2nd Septorhinoplasty

+1

Whether it is a primary or revision septorhinoplasty insurance will typically pay for any part of a procedure that is done to improve nasal function. Your surgeon and his staff will help you answer your question.

Septorhinoplasty

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say but it is very reasonable to see your surgeon that you trust to be evaluated.

+1

If the bump is a surface irregularity that is purely cosmetic in nature, then insurance will not cover this.