My Insurance Wants to Only Give Me the Generic for Yaz-will It Be As Effective on my Acne?

I am 18 years old and have started having mild ace again after completing accutane and being clear for 7 months I am starting up bc in case I need a second accutune treatment but want to know if the generic will be as good as the yaz in starting to help with the acne and maybe avoiding the accutane again

Generic Yaz for acne

+1

Although they have the same active ingredients, generic drugs can range in potency from 80-120% of the brand. The generic may work well for you. You can give it three months and see what happens. Good luck!

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.