Will insurance fix my nose that I broke at six years old? (photos)

When I was six years old I broke my nose on the schools playground. It was completely knocked to the right side of my face and I went into surgery three days later. I'm now 33 years old and I can't stand the way it looks. I have a hump that i hate in the center its wide on top after the hump. The tip looks as if I have two points. I've finally decided to talk to a plastic surgeon. Will my insurance cover any of the cost to have it fixed?

Will insurance fix my nose that I broke at six years old?

+1
Insurance will not cover anything cosmetic, even those issues associated with trauma.  Insurance may cover breathing issues.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

+1
Maybe partial coverage but you will have out of pocket expenses either way. Do you have a deductible?, A copay?, Restrictions?  

Nasal fracture and insurance

+1
Since your trauma occurred so many years ago it is highly unlikley that insurance will cover it. If you have breathing problems and this is documented, that part may be covered. Good luck.

Insurance coverage for a broken nose

+1
 Its always best to check with your insurance plan about specific exclusions for cosmetic surgery. If the broken nose is so twisted that its blocking air flow through the nose, it might be covered, depending upon  your plan coverage. Insurance does not cover cosmetic surgery to change the shape of the nose. 

+1
It is doubtful that your insurance will pay for your cosmetic Rhinoplasty.  Call your insurance company to discuss your benefits.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD