Will Insurance Cover Muscle Repair/Tummy Tuck if Pain and Health Issues Involved?

Insurance coverage of procedures

+1

The only way I can see an abdominoplasty being covered by health insurance is if the the skin that would otherwise be discarded is used to reconstruct the perineal/genital area.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Insurance doesn't cover tummy tucks

+1

You don't specify what "health issues" you mean but I can't imagine what they would be that would make an insurance company cover a tummy tuck as "medically necessary."  Fixing a hernia and removing a pannus can be covered sometimes.  But a rectus diastasis is not a hernia and loose skin in the lower abdomen is not a pannus. 

Please visit a plastic surgeon, describe the problem and see what they say.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS