Will Insurance Cover Keloid Removal from C-section?

My scar tissue has become very painful over the past 5 years causing severe back and abdominal pain due to scar tissue.

Would this be considered cosmetic if the old scar was removed along with excess skin?

Treatment of c section keloids.

+1

Treatment of symptomatic keloids and scars can sometimes be covered by insurance. Removal of excess skin is usually not.

Keloid Scar

+1

A keloid scar that is painful, can be treated several ways. Usually it can be covered by insurance. This is something to discuss with your doctor.  Taking excess skin to convert it into a tummy tuck is altogether something else.

Insurance coverage for keloids

+1

Most insurance companies will cover steroid injections, and some will cover laser treatments for keloids.  Excisions of keloids may or may not be considered cosmetic and I would check with your provider first.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist