Botox Migraine Insurance

Does Insurance Cover Botox if I Need It for the Purpose of Relieving Migraines?

Insurance will cover Botox for migraines

+3

In my practice, several patients have their Botox covered by their insurance.  Botox has been clinically proven to be effective in relieving and preventing migraines.  Not every insurance company may agree but many do recognize the benefit and provide relief for the patients.  Some patients have to help my staff to get the insurance company on board but together we have been successful.  Contact your insurance company and your facial plastic surgeon fo details.  Also discuss or obtain a detailed history of your migraine work-up and history from your neurologist or primary medical doctor.  Good luck!

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Migraine Insurance

+1
Thank you for the question.  Insurance differs with each person and coverage varies as well for various procedures.  In my experience, it is reasonable to at least attempt authorization, but have been successful maybe half of the time.  Discuss with your physician and it behooves you to call and speak with an agent yourself as well.  Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Provider of Botox for Migraines in Los Angeles

+1

Insurance carriers vary, but a call to your insurance company can help identify whether they will pay for the Botox. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

BOTOX can be used to relieve migraines and some insurance companies will cover it.

+1

BOTOX can be used to relieve migraines and some insurance companies will cover it.  Check with your provider.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox Cosmetic Treatment for Migraine Headaches

+1

Botox has been used to treat migraine headaches. Some plastic surgeons even perform a variation of face lift surgery to treat migraine headaches. Insurance coverage varies based on your specific plan. Speak with your insurance provider.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Insurance cover Botox for relieving migraines?

+1

Is it possible to have insurance reimbursement for migraine treatment for Botox? Only if done by a neurologist, depends upon the type of insurance plan also. I would guess a 40 % chance in general terms . Vs a 90 % decline if done by a derm or plastic, the insurance company would think you are having it done for cosmetic reasons.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Botox and migraines

+1

It seems that Botox can help some patients with migraines, expecially for those that start in the foehead region.  As for insurance coverage I am unaware.

Botox for migraines

+1

many insurances will not cover this.You might be able to get a precertification if you have your doctor write a request prior to treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox and Migraines

+1

Currently I am unaware of any insurance company reimbursing for the treatment of Migraines with Botox. I would suggest discussing with a neurologist. Some insurance companies, not all, reimburse for treatment of hyperhidrosis with Botox. To learn more visit the website below. 

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Botulinum Toxin (Botox, Dysport, Purtox) and migraines

+1

In my experience, since this is not an FDA approved indication, it is unlikely that an insurance company will reimburse coverage of  Botox for the management of migraines.