Insurance Company is Requesting 1000 G to Be Removed - What Size Will I Be?

Well I wear a 40DDD bra but the doctor, says I may be larger than that...my insurance compony is requesting removal of 1000 grams...my breast are saggy and not very dense...with that said what size will I be?

Breast Reduction and Resulting Cup Size?

+1

Thank you for the question. Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.‚Ä®Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Breast Reduction usually requires 500cc from each breast

+1

hello--

I would agree with Dr. Blinski that this statement may refer to the total amount of tissue taken from *each* breast. In my experience insurance coverage usually requires 500 cc from each breast.  Without seeing you in person it is nearly impossible to state what size you will be afterwards.  However,  if you are a 40DDD bra now, your plastic surgeon should have no trouble removing the minimum requirement of 500cc per breast in order for the claim to be paid.  

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Breast reduction "after" size is impossible to prefict.

+1

Requesting that your doctor remove 1000g per side so insurance approves it can be fraught with danger.  Go to the grocery store and ask for 1000g of anything to be weighed in front of you. Alternatively use one of those hanging scales and add enough to weigh 2.2 pounds.  That gives you an idea of what is being removed. 

If your doctor reaches 800 grams and you have a great shape and size, is he/she supposed to remove an additional 200 grams and give you a less than ideal shape just so insurance covers it?

Make sure all your questions are answered ahead of time. Ask to see some photos where 1000 g were removed.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction of 1000 grams, D-cup is typical

+1

Breast reduction of 1000 grams or more is at the upper range of a typical breast reduction procedure. Despite the large amount of tissue removed, the base diameter of the breast and chest width will predict cup size, and our guess is you will still wear a standard D-cup.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast cup size decrease after reduction surgery

+1

No one can answer that question definitively. First are you 6 feet or 4 feet tall. Weigh 250 pounds or 125 pounds. the average cup in an average individual is from 150 to 200 cc. With that said your cup size ON AVERAGE should go down about 5-6 cup sizes, but that is only a guess.

1000 Gram Reduction

+1

It is not possible to give you an exact cup size that will result from a 1000 gram breast reduction.  However, lacking any additional information, my best guess is that you would be in the B/C range, starting at a 40DDD.

John Whitt, MD

Breast reduction

+1

Without examinng you, it would be hard to say for sure.  Even a physical exam may not enable me to hit the cup size precisely.

Insurance Company is Requesting 1000 G to Be Removed

+1

That is correct but what you may not understand that is ONLY 500 cc's per side or a half pound. So from your so kindly posted description I guess you would be a Small D cup. 

Difficult to know the final size

+1

Hi,

It's hard to know what size you'll be without really knowing what size you are now or without seeing pictures. I'd ask your surgeon what your final size will be; it's hard to say precisely, but at least he or she can give you and estimate.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Sam Jejurikar, MD