Why is Inside my Nostril Like This After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

i had rhinoplasty in june this year to correct wide nose, droopy tip and surgeon said i had a slight deviated septum, after things was good, then as healing wet on, inside my nostril waa showing more and more, making nostril tilt over when i smile and visibly see tissue inside, i went back to surgeon in december, who removed some tissue and stiched through the middle, it was ok for about 2 weeks, but is now back, what is this? do i need grafts to hold tip up, i need help so i can tell surgeon?

Visible septal edge

+2

I suspect it’s the septal edge, which is deviating as it heals and the scar contracts. I would wait a year before deciding if it needs reoperation. Grafting may be needed to keep the caudal septum straight, but this is something the surgeon can decide at surgery if needed.

Good luck!

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Touch up Rhinoplasty

+1

Your picture shows lower edge of your nasal septum.  This is visible because soft tissues below it inclined to its right side.  It is normal anatomy in many people with or without surgery.

However if it bothers you then you have perrogative to make it go away.  It will need elevation of cartilage pair that lies below it and let them ride up on either side of this ridge.  This will hide the sharp edge.  Three structures can then be fixed to each other with 1-2 stitches.

There is small chance of relapse. Surgery will also shorten your nose as natural outcome of elevation of soft tissues.

Your call and your surgeons decision is what it will take. 

It will not correct itself.

Vasdev Rai, MD

The photo of the left base of your nose after Rhinoplasty Surgery demonstrates the bottom of your nasal septum.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photo:

Your photo appears to show your caudal septum inside your left nasal cavity. Without seeing more photos, it is difficult to render advice. If you're concerned about the appearance or function of your nose, you could consider getting a second opinion from a reputable, experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to see what might be best for you.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril issue

+1

Though your posted p[hoto shows early scar tissue. I would either allow 4 months healing or obtain an in person second opinion.