What is This Blob Inside my Nose 10 Days PO?

I had rhinoplasty about 10 days ago, and I'm recovering well. The mucus is mainly draining out of my system. However, I have this one blob inside my nose that hasn't budged at all. It looks like mucus and is slimy like mucus but it's solid. While all the other mucus has cleared out, the blob won't leave. It's been there for about a week! What is it and is there any way to get rid of it?

Persistent "Blob" in Nose 10 days after Surgery

+1

I suspected your dreaded "blob" is a combination of mucous and or old blood. It may even contain a disolving stitch which fell out. Whatever you do, please, do NOT go excavating in the nose or contract a friend or family member to do it for you. See your surgeon and he would be glad to remove it safely for you.

Blob inside nose 10 days post - op

+1

Hi,

This can be mucous with dried blood and/or surgicell packing. It may also be retained packing of some sort. Ask you surgeon to remove it if possible.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Blob? in nose

+1

Without knowing what was done for you in the surgery it is hard to say. Usually it is just mucous. Ask your doctor how he wants you to clean your nose.