What Can I Do About My Slanted Teeth? (photo)

I will be 23 years old in August this year and as you can see on the picture, I have got 2 inside concave tooth. They have kept me from comfortably laughing or even smiling. I have had people telling me to wear braces. However, I work in fashion industry and really braces is my last option. That's why I wanted to ask the question here and hoping maybe I can find a better option that takes less time and affects the overall look a little less.

Slanted teeth can be effectively treated with Invisalign or Porcelain Veneers

+1

Based on your photo, it appears that you have what is technically called a Class II, Division 2 malocclusion. That is generally where your two front teeth "slant in" and the teeth on the sides of these, the lateral incisors, tend to "slant out." While I understand your concerns with aesthetics and time regarding conventional braces while working in the fashion industry, I would encourage you to explore Invisalign treatment which, I believe offers you some great advantages. The clear Invisalign aligner trays (which many of my patients use as bleaching trays to whiten teeth simultaneously) are really almost unnoticeable in may cases. The time it takes for a case like yours is much quicker than conventional orthodontics- many times just six months for the anterior teeth and I would try to widen your smile and bring out the canines and bicuspids for a fuller appearance. Yet, if you remain impatient and want the most immediate result, Porcelain laminate veneers are the gold standard. Your should be prepared to know that veneers are a significant additional cost, and will involve significant preparation (filing) of tooth structure as well.

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

How to Correct Slanted Teeth

+1

From the "blurry" picture, it appears that you are missing your lateral incisors, and that your cuspids (canine teeth) have moved forward into their position. That is why those teeth appear so concave. There are other solutions besides orthodontics. You might be a candidate for porcelain veneers on 6-8 of your upper anterior teeth. That would be a quick and beautiful solution, if you are a candidate.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist