Inquiry About a Male Tummy Tuck?

I am writing inquiring whether a doctor could be of help to me.I am a very healthy 38 year old, 6ft, 300lb male who is seeking cosmetic surgery. My areas of great concern are the folds of fat underneath my armpits and stomach.I have a BMI of 42. I was inquiring whether a doctor could be of help to me. I have been stable at my current weight for 2 years. I am hoping someone could help me with a response.

Inquiry About a Male Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for your question. The Tummy Tuck would be a procedure your primary doctor and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon determine if it is the right procedure for you, and if the benefit outweighs the risk.  A Tummy Tuck is not intended to reduce weight but repair a muscle weakness, and remove excess skin.  A thorough discussion of the benefits and risks should be engaged in prior to any decisions. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Male Tummy Tuck Inquiry

+1

You pose an interesting question.  Typically a tummy tuck is best used to contour extra abdominal skin and fat in men and women who have lost weight or in women after pregnancy.  The tummy tuck will do nothing for the rolls in the armpit region.

Since you did not post pictures I will make a guess and say that what you have is a panniculus - a roll of lower abdominal skin.  The rolls under your arm are axillary rolls - in women they are referred to as bra line rolls.

I think it best for you to get a consultation with a plastic surgeon.  Many of us offer free initial consultations and it will give you the best quality assessment of what can be done.  Good luck to you.

Al Rosenthal, MD

Inquiry About a Male Tummy Tuck?

+1

If you lost a great deal of weight to get to 300 lbs, the tummy tuck may be a good option.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuctions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA