How Can I Improve Bulges on Upper Thighs Where Compression Garment Won't Cover Thighs After Lipo?

I had lipo of the medial/lateral thighs. My results are fabulous other than bulges on both upper medial thighs in the region the compression garment did not cover. I keep hoisting up the garment which keeps sliding down and now am wearing spanx over it. It has slowly improved. Any advice on if this usually resolves?

Compression garment issues

+1

If the upper thighs are not covered properly by the garment, then it most likely means that the garment isn't the right one for you.

+1

Thank you for your question.  It sounds like your compression garment does not fit properly.  You really should contact your plastic surgeon and have them checked your compression garment.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Liposuction Results?

+1

Assuming the area that “bulges” was appropriately treated with liposuction,  then I think it is likely that it will improve with time.  The area that you are describing does tend to be difficult to keep covered with garments,  but do your best. Gentle massage of the area may be helpful.

After Lipo Bulges on Upper Thighs Where Compression Garment Won't Cover

+1

When performing surgery, it is the role of the Plastic surgeon to educate his/her patient on the surgery, its risks and recovery but also to make sure, in cases of Liposuction, that the patient has THE RIGHT compression garment, that it fits properly and that she knows how to wear it.

It sounds as if you were not provided with a proper garment. Thigh liposuction garments should include the buttocks and lower tummy to prevent the kind of riding down you are referring to. The best I can suggest is that you see your surgeon and have a properly fitting garment issued to you to prevent banding across the thighs.