Possible Injury to Nasal Tip?

Hello, I had a revision septo-rhinoplasty 6 and a half weeks ago and yesterday I had a facial and the therapist accidently squeezed both sides of my nasal tip. I felt a bit of pain at the time and today it's feeling a bit tender as well. I am so worried that my nose has been damaged. I will be seeing my surgeon in two weeks but if you could answer my question I would be most appreciative. I believe it takes 6 weeks for nasal bones to heal so could the same be said for the tip? Thank you.

Tip damage

+1

at 6 and a half weeks it's unlikely you did any damage but I would still avoid vigorous tip manipulation. See your doctor sooner if you are concerned.

West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Tip Injury 6 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

I would expect tenderness wtih a tip trauma 6 weeks after rhinoplasty. It is very unlikely you did any  harm to the soft cartilages which would compromise your final result.  However, do discuss with your surgeon.

Unlikely permanent damage has occurred, but go see your doc

+1

It does take 6 weeks for nasal bones to heal but the tip area is not compsed of bone but rather cartilage.  It is unlikely any permanant injury has occured.

Make sure you see your doctor as soon as possible in order to make sure that everything is healing appropriately.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Nasal tip can be tender for months

+1

Nasal tip can be tender for months after rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty.  Very unlikely to have significant damage was caused.

Sam Naficy, MD

Possible Injury to Nasal Tip?

+1

Most likely no damage was done. It takes more than an squeeze to cause injuries to the nose. See your surgeon.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip injury

+1

The nose is more fragile after surgery than before, but it isn't likely to be damaged from a massage. The concern is if you develop worsening pain and redness, maybe even drainage from the nose indicating an infection. Then I would recommend returning to see your surgeon earlier.  Otherwise, it is probably something transient that will improve.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Injury after facial

+1

it would probably be best for your surgeon to see you in two weeks. The injury to the tip occurs less frequently to displacement of the nasal bones, and is not on an immediate timetable where must be fixed. Swelling to the tip takes months to resolve, and to see a final result. Just sit tight, and see your surgeon in two weeks.

John E. Sherman, MD