Injury After Rhinoplasty. What Do You Recommend? (photo)

I had a well done rhinoplasty done in July 2011. I then accidentally had an injury in March and a second one in March. One occurred on my nose 3/4 of the way down (green). The other one occurred right on my tip on my left side (highlighted in red). The swelling has gone slightly. The injuries are not observable from all angles. My MD recommended compression exercises on both sights. My left tip feels really hard. I see my MD again in July.

What to do?

+1

Go see a Facial Cosmetic Surgeon and have her/him evaluate your injury.  Thereafter, follow-up with your surgeon and do your best to protect your nose!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Injuries after nasal surgery

+1

Nasal injuries always are annoying to the injured patient after a previous rhinoplasty, but  it is always adviseable  to wait at least one year before  a proper assessment  could be offered.  Ask your Plastic Surgeon to guide you with this evaluation for the future.  Certainly second opinions can be considered at that time , if you desire.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Trauma to nose months after rhinoplasty

+1

At this point, you should give it 6 months to a year to settle down and then re-evaluate it.  Good luck.

Let your rhinoplasty swelling settle for a full year.

+1

If you have any concerns, it is best to wait a full year after your rhinoplasty for all the swelling and maturation to occur.  Your minor injuries may have increased your swelling slightly.  See your treating surgeon as suggested and follow his / her advice - recommendations.  Often minor swelling can be a concern initailly but improve and settle with time.  I would agree with your surgeon.  Be patient.

Scott Barr, MD
Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

Injury After Rhinoplasty. What Do You Recommend?

+1

Very hard to see the issues you are describing in the posted photos. It is now mid June are you still having concerns?. Best to have IN PERSON examinations . 

Injury After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Rhino,

Without physical examination and the before/after photographs, it is hard to give you a solid advise.

I advise you to follow up with your surgeon and your final results will get established at about a year after your surgery.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Injury after Rhinoplasty

+1

Continue to follow your surgeon's recommendations. You may ultimately need a revision to restore the appearance of your nose after the rhinoplasty surgery.