Injured Self at 6 Wks After Rhinoplasty. Now 3 Mths Post-op & Implant is Intact but Ball of Scar Tissue Grown All Around Medpor?

The nose was healed,I saw the final result & was happy w/it.When I bumped it, it was a hard bump,but discoloration went away after 1 week.However, a big ball of scar tissue formed under/around the implant. I had my 3 month post-op & the tip graft is intact.Even after using prednisone, that ball has gotten harder.I have thick,ethnic,oily skin, but surgeon refused to give me a kenalog injection. After prednisone was useless, I don't know what else to do & feel frustrated. I want to salvage this.

+1

Based upon your description alone it is very difficult to give advice, but I would follow with your surgeon.   

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Post op rhinoplasty

+1

Use your surgeon's advise.  You need to allow up to a year after rhinoplasty for the final result. Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Dissatisfaction with your surgeon demands a second opinion.

+1

I would imagine your surgeon is giving you good advice. However, if you've reached an impasse it certainly doesn't hurt to get advice from another surgeon. You might try posting some images on this website to give the surgeons here a chance.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,25-atlanta-rhinoplasty.htm

Nasal implant and firmness

+1

What you are describing could be scar tissue but an exam in person woudl be essential to figure out what it is.  Good luck.