Have I Injured Myself From Fainting Post-Op?

On the night after my mini TT I fainted while sat on the bed, I fell back while my feet remained on the floor, when I came round there was a lot of blood on my dressing, now I'm 5 weeks post op and from 2 weeks post op I've had seroma fluid drained and also it's been coming through my incision in several places and forming blister like sacks, my top layer of skin is intact but my skin underneath is not joining together, could this all stem back to my fainting episode could I of torn myself ?

Injury after Tummy Tuck and Seroma Development?

+1

Considering that you have been followed closely by your plastic surgeon since your operation,  it is unlikely that any harm has been done (otherwise you would have been informed of such).  Developing a seroma is not a uncommon event after tummy tuck surgery;  it is not necessarily related to your “fall” after the tummy tuck surgery.

I would suggest continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Bleeding and seroma after tummy tuck

+1

This is a situation of what came first, and my guess is incisional bleeding, followed by fainting, then a seroma in the area, followed by wound drainage and separation. What is important now is that your surgeon stick closely with you to see things through.

Peter Johnson, MD