I was injured over 3 months ago and have developed 2 hypertrophic scars on both sides of my neck. (photos)

One of them is small and raised but the other scar was pretty deep and left a very unusually shaped scar. A little over a month and one week ago, I had them injected with a steroid. The smaller scar has since gone down in redness and size, but the larger one doesn't seem to have changed much at all in both redness and size. It looks the worst in regular sunlight as it is both shiny and has a scratchy look along the bottom edges. What is the best possible treatment for it? Thanks!

Hypertrophic scars and Plato's Scar Serum

+1
Our office specializes in scar treatment.  For hypertrophic scars, we recommend application of Plato's Scar Serum twice daily, followed by a regimen of IIT and laser therapy. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Scar therapy

+1
Although the results of scar therapy vary from person to person and scar to scar, the results are considered permanent.
Not infrequently potential patients avoid surgery because fear of an unsightly scar. To remedy this, I now utilize and formulate compounded topical creams to treat, relieve and minimize scars for each of my patients:
• new scars
• old scars
• surgical scars
• keloid scars
• stretch marks
• hypertrophic scars
• hyperpigmented (dark) scars
• various acne scars, and more...
These scar removal creams contain prescription strength medications each individually known to reduce and/or reverse the scarring process but never before compounded together into one high potency formulation. These medications are added to a base of anhydrous silicone (the most common ingredient in everyday topical scar therapy) and Pracaxi oil, found in the Amazon rainforest and known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. Many health insurance plans actually cover the cost of the creams and they can be delivered directly to the patients door step. In other words, no need for multiple trips to the doctor for expensive and painful laser treatments, or wasted money on minimally effective over-the-counter scar therapy products. Instead, with just two applications a day my patients now perform scar therapy in the comfort of their own home.

Ryan Stanton, MD