What Types of Surgery or Injection Options are there for Butt Augmentation? (photo)

Hi, me and my sister are looking to find some kind of injection or surgery something to make our butts bigger. We want something that is FDA approved, you know, something sage. I got kids to live for, just want a bigger butt safely. 

Options for Buttock Augmentation

+1

Transferring fat obtained from liposuction is the best way to go. It offers soft, natural looking and natural feeling results with a minimum of complications. The primary requirement is that you have enough fat to transfer. If so, then most likely you will be pleased with the result. Buttock implants can deliver good results too, in individuals who have no fat to donate. It has a higher rate of complications and more postoperative discomfort however. There are other injectables out there as well but none are approved by the FDA. Those injecting them are doing so illegally and many are unlicensed or poorly trained practitioners. Fat or implants are the way to go, at least here in the U.S.  Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Web reference: http://www.westonsurgery.com

Buttock Augmentation Options

+1

Allow me to share with you what you may not hear from others.  Currently the only two safe and effective methods for Buttock Augmentation are Autologous Fat Transfer (transfer of your own fat to the buttocks, aka "Brazilian Butt Lift") and Buttock Implants (semi-solid soft silicone rubber implants).  Anything else, especially injecting large quantities of a "filler" can be not only ineffective but deadly.  Both Fat transfer and Implants are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection.  Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest.  Thus buttock implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I personally recommend either the round or the oval shaped implants dependent upon the natural anatomic shape of the patient's buttock cheeks.  The implant is typically inserted through a 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the top of the buttock cheeks).  The implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle.  In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle.  Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this technique.  Additionally, in this type of surgeons hands the often quoted "high risks" of complications especially infection are actually much lower around 5%. Hope this helps...RAS