Which Injection Method Lasts Longer?

I've had radiesse injected for upper cheek enhancement by 2 different doctors. The first doctor used the "fanning" technique into the skin. The radiesse lasted about 3 to 4 months which was a major dissapointment and very costly. My present doctor said injecting deep, ontop of the bone would make it last longer. Well, I just had it injected about 2 months ago and it seems like it's already dissapating, maybe even faster than the other way. Which doctor is correct?

Nonsurgical Cheek Augmentation Typically Lasts Six Months to a Year or More

+1

Augmenting, recontouring, and reshaping the cheeks without surgery using injectable volumizing agents, like Radiesse, or larger particle hyaluronic acid materials, such as Juvederm UltraPlus XC, has become an increasingly popular technique in recent years. Results are immediate and in most cases, with either substance, can be expected to last at least six months and not uncommonly more than a year (since, relatively speaking, the cheeks are subject to less movement--as compared to say, the laugh lines or the marionette lines--and movement speeds breakdown of the injected material).

For the cheeks, the recommended location for placement of the shaping agent is deep, right over the bone. Depending upon the specific injectable used, the experience, and the preference of the injecting physician, nonsurgical cheek augmentation can be performed using blunt cannulas or needles--injecting while moving the needle forward, injection while withdrawing the needle, and the fanning technique in which the needle is repeatedly inserted and then withdrawn in a fanlike manner without ever fully withdrawing the needle from the skin. Although the latter technique has been associated with more temporary bruising and swelling after treatment, to my knowledge, it has not been linked to shorter durations of effects. (My personal preferences are for the injecting while moving the needle forward or for the use of cannulas, each of which is less likely to cause significant bruising afterward).

Which method of Radiesse Placement lasts longer?

+1

Regarding: "Which Injection Method Lasts Longer?
I've had radiesse injected for upper cheek enhancement by 2 different doctors. The first doctor used the "fanning" technique into the skin. The radiesse lasted about 3 to 4 months which was a major dissapointment and very costly. My present doctor said injecting deep, ontop of the bone would make it last longer. Well, I just had it injected about 2 months ago and it seems like it's already dissapating, maybe even faster than the other way. Which doctor is correct
?"

Radiesse is a good cheek filler which can be placed EITHER just above the cheek bone or at any level above it except into the superficial skin layer. It lasts over a year. Its disappearance has more to to do the technique used and the volume used than with anything else. If I had to guess the reason for your disappointment, I would guess that not enough was placed originally and what you may be seeing is the reduction of swelling caused by the injection instead of the loss of product.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Radiesse

+1

Radiesse is meant to be injected deep. For cheeck augmentation it is injected right on top of bone.

If it is not lasting in you, then consider fat graft. Implants are a possibility too

Radiesse lasts differently in different patients

+1

Radiesse often lasts different durations depending on the host. I have noticed that some patients with a mid dermal implantation retain their product more than those who have had it injected deeper into the subcutaneous fat compartment. I have seen it disappear quickly from the depth immediately above the bone, too, however. Some patients maintain correction for six months and others, more than a year. The main reason for quick reduction in volume, I have found, is an inadequate correction the first treatment. Some patients need multiple syringes to create the right framework for support.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Radiesse best injected deep.

+1

Hi.

This is so technique dependent that I cannot explain your experience. We inject Radiesse deep just on top of the bone. If enough is injected correctly in the right spots, you should easily get a good result for one year.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)