Injecting VOLUMA After Injecting Restylane? (photo)

I have 2 weeks ago injected Restylane in the lower part of my face. I have read about VOLUMA from Juvederm. Can i have my next injection with Juvederm . basically asking can those 2 products be mixed? How long do I need to wait before I inject VOLUMA?

Injecting VOLUMA After Injecting Restylane?

+1

Juvederm Voluma isn't FDA approved in the States but there is no issue with combining two different dermal fillers

Restylane and other fillers

+1

There isn't a specific waiting time to inject or combine two dermal fillers, however, I would wait until your swelling has subsided from the Restylane to see what needs treatment. Voluma is not FDA approved in the US yet.

Sam Naficy, MD

Restylane and Juvederm

+1

Dear anastasiaandrew,

1. Yes you can mix the fillers without any problems
  2. You can have Voluma whenever you are ready
  3. Be careful, if you are in the United States, Voluma has not been approved by the FDA and is not legal for injection (because it can come from an unknown source)

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Restylane and Juvederm Voluma

+1

Restylane and Juvederm Voluma are compatible so there is no problem using both of them.  I have used Voluma for several years with great results.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Can Juvederm Voluma and Restylane be mixed?

+1

It is no problem to have Juvederm Voluma placed after having had Restylane.  Both products are hyaluronic acid fillers and I would say it is fine to have the Juvederm Voluma placed 2 weeks after you had the Restylane.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unsure if I Need Only Implants or Breast Lift and Implants?

+1

Best to discuss with your injecting doctor. I recommend at least 2 months between injection events. 

Mixing Juvederm, Restylane, Voluma

+1

Mixing different fillers to fine-tune results is very common. There is no need to wait between injections; In fact, Juvederm, Restylane, and Voluma can all be used on the same day. That being said, Voluma hasn't been released in the US yet.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Can you inject Restylane and Voluma

+1

Restylane and Voluma are both hyaluronic acid fillers and there will be no problem using both. Voluma is a thicker substance, so I would have preferred to put that one in first, and then the Restylane over it. But either way it is safe. Just know that Voluma isn't available in the U.S. yet - it's pending it's FDA trial right now and Allergan is hoping to launch it in the U.S. within the next six months. So if you are getting it, I am assuming that you do not live in the United States.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

No problem with mixing fillers like Restylane and Voluma

+1

The current trend is to use multiple different fillers in the same patient. There is absolutely so problem with having different fillers in the same or nearby areas. Each filler has its unique qualities which make them better in certain applications/areas. The more robust fillers for lifting and filling are:  Radiesse, Perlane, Voluma, and to a lesser extent Restylane.  Juvederm and Belotero, are softer, more diffusing fillers. Sculptra is unique in that it volumizes and thickens the skin. More of a global fill. By the way Voluma is not widely available in the US at this point. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD