Will Injecting Botox on the Sides of the Eyes Go Through to the Muscles Under the Eyes and Smooth out THOSE Wrinkles? (photo)

I got 6 units of botox injected on each side of my eyes for crows feet. It's been about 45 hours since my injections and i can already see a huge difference on the crows feet .. The wrinkles under my eyes however are still slightly there .. I'm wondering if these will go away completely as well

Botox for Crow's Feet and Under Eyes

Botox injected on the sides of the eyes will help smooth out the crow's feet only.  I never inject Botox underneath the eyes in the lower eyelid area.  This can cause weakening of the muscle underneath the eye and cause a bag to form underneath the eyes.  Lower eyelid wrinkles are better treated with chemical peels or laser.

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

It depends upon the amount injected if there will be a diffusion of the solution into the lower lid wrinkles. If by 10 days you desire more in that area have additional 5 units placed. 

Botox for crow's feet

Botox works in the muscles it is injected into. In your case, the crow's feet. No, it will not travel down under the eyes and smooth out under eye wrinkles. Those would need a separate round of injections, and I am very wary of treating this area on most people.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Botox for under eye wrinkles

Botox works great in crows feet, but I usually dont recommend treating under the eyes. Adding botox under the eyes can reduce crinkling in this area when you smile, but the loss of muscle tone in this area can often make the area look worse than before the botox.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

6 units is a tiny amount for the crow's feet...if you see a great difference, consider yourself

lucky...the wrinkles under your eyes are unlikely to respond so favorably to such a low dose...but you may be lucky...if not, more units injected into the area may help...in any event it usually takes botox more than two days to become fully effective...probably need to wait another week or so for full effect...then you can visit your doctor and ask about any residual wrinkles

Ken Landow, MD