Will Injecting Botox Only in the Brow Area in Turn Help with Forehead Lines?

I have had Botox done before but went to a different Dr recently. I told him I was interested in Botox for my forhead however he seemed to only inject my brow area. I believe he injected 25 units

+1

To take care of lines in forehead, usually the forehead must be injected, unless you have a very small forehead.  Only go to an experienced injector.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Botox for forehead

+1

I agree with the posts here already.  Botox works where it is injected so injection into the frown lines will typically have no effect on the mid or upper forehead lines.  Direct injection into those lines is recommended to have an effect there.

Daniel Berg, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Forehead lines

+1

Botox weakens the muscle that it is injected into.  Therefore to improve the horizontal lines on your forehead, botox needs to be injected in small amounts to the frontalis muscle that makes these lines when lifting your brows.  This injection is usually placed on both sides of your forehead usually a few centimeters above your brow as to not make your brows to heavy.  25 U of botox is probably enough botox to treat both your forehead and glabella area, which are the vertical lines between your brow.  However, from your description, it sounds like your botox was all placed in the glabella area, which probably won't improve your horizontal lines.  You should see an effect within 2 weeks to know for sure.    

Jessica Kulak, MD
Fairfax Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox In Brow Will Not Influence Forehead Lines

+1

Botox injected into the brow area will have little, if any, effect on forehead transverse lines.  In order to improve the forehead lines, the frontalis muscle needs to be injected directly.

John Whitt, MD

25 units of Botox for the forehead is plenty to improve the lines

+1

I typically inject 6-12 units in the forehead and about 10 in the glabella area to treat the forehead wrinkles.  I believe that 25 should do it.  I would wait the 7-10 days until the Botox is fully effective before I go back to evaluate the treatment.  Steve Weiner, MD, Destin, Florida.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Forehead lines

+1

in my practice I typically treat the forehead by injecting 10 different foci with varying amounts of Botox depending upon where and what muscles I want to relax on the forehead.

I would recommend injection only by a properly licensed board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon