Is There an Injectible Technique Doctor Should Use to Avoid Duck Lips?

I use resylane and juvederm to fix a small upper lip.I have a full bottom lip so the doc works on a cupids bow the corners of my upper lip and left and right sides of the center.The bottom lip is done for a slight plumping effect.The problem?When I talk I look like daffy duck Help!

Duck lips usually happen when the doctor injects too much laterally

+1

Yes. Duck lips usually happen when the doctor injects too much laterally so the lip becomes flattened and the aesthetic line does not follow the natural “cupid’s bow” or arch of the lips. The product needs to be injected so your natural arches get enhanced, not flattened. You want to find a doctor who has expertise in injecting this area and has some nice before/after pictures that you can look at to see if the “cupid’s bow” looks natural. And, you never want to get your lips injected with a permanent filler because you certainly don’t want to get permanent duck lips. Also, as your lips continue to age, permanent facial fillers, like ArteFill, can migrate and not stay in place. So with lips, it’s particularly important to have a product like Juvederm or Restylane which slowly goes away over time so your doctor can refine the results as the lips age. For more information about lip augmentation and these facial fillers, visit my website.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Duck lips after fillers

+1

There is no one right way to fill the lips because each patient may require something a bit differently.  The lips can be filled along the white roll and also in the lip proper itself to fill it out, but the lower lip should be fuller than the upper lip.

Avoiding the "Duck Lips" look with Lip Augmentation

+1

Just as people are not equal in their artistic, mathematical, artistic  or writing abilities and talents, injectors vary widely in their ability to visualize the IDEAL lip and enhance your current lip to that look. There is NO secret technique that can be whispered into one's ear making them a better lip augmenter just like you cannot whisper a secret to make someone a better runner or a better cook.

I would advise you to pick a DOCTOR with an artistic sense rather than having it done in a salon or worse. The doctor should put the filler when volume is deficient. In your case, I would focus on rotating the pink mucosa out without further inflating the lip.

Lip augmentation

+1

In the picture you provided your upper lip has more projection than the lower lip. It should be the reverse, Bottom lipo should protrude slightly.

Define your desire of a beautifull lip then consult a Plastic surgeon and discuss what can be done

The Daffy Duck look is too much filler in the muscle and the muscle is stiff.