Is It Possible to Inject Radiesse Into the Dorsum of the Hand for Volume Loss?

have you injected raidesse into the dorsum of the hand in the volume loss area????

Fat Transfer to Restore Youthful Look to Hands

In the July 1990 edition of The Dermatology Clinics of North America data was published in which I injected fat into the back of hands of thirty woman who wished to reduce the bony, aged appearance of their hands. All of the woman achieved an excellent, long- lasting result. Ever since that time, especially with recent advances, fat transfer ranks as the best, most natural, longest lasting, most cost effective solution for providing volume to bony, wrinkled, aged looking hands. Combining fat transfer with techniques to eliminate brown sun spots, i.e. "liver spots" can restore a youthful look to the back of hands.

Radiesse for hands is great

Greetings Pamela~

We do a great deal of Radiesse to the backs of the hands for volume loss in our office.  Patients LOVE it!  Restoring volume and helping to disguise the vessels and tendons in hands is an excellent way of rejuvenating the hands and giving them a more youthful appearance. The procedure itself is quick and easy for patients with minimal, if any, discomfort.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD

Radiesse is an excellent filler for the hands

Radiesse works very well for the hands. The results are almost immediate, and last almost a year. Sculptra can also be used, which lasts longer but requires 2 or 3 injection sessions. Other products used include Juvederm, Restylane, and even fat transfer. 

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for your hands

Radiesse is actually my first choice for filling an aged dorsal hand. I find it to be far superior in terms of it's efficacy in comparison to the hyaluronic acid fillers; it tends to last longer and spreads easier.

Peter L. Kopelson, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse in the hand

Yes, you can inject Radiesse into the dorsum of the hand. It generally requires at least 1.5-2.0 cc per hand, and there is some swelling for several days.

Donna Rich, MD

Yes,  it can, however, I prefer autologous fat transfer for the ease of use, natural look, and cost effectiveness, since it takes a great deal of radiesse to produce the effect.  Also, portions of the fat transfered are permanent.

Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist

Radiesse for Back of Hands

It is possible to inject Radiesse in the back of the hands. In fact, they just released a new cannula that makes it really simple to do this.  There have been a few studies that looked at this and Radiesse did well in the ones that I read.

When I inject Radiesse into the hands, I do it slowly and try to gradually restore the hands to full volume. Frequently I combine it with Fraxel or Theraplex peels (Disclosure: I am a partner in that company).

Some combine it with treatment of the veins in the hands- I do not. I am concerned that at some point one could need these veins but several of my colleagues remove them with injections and the results are really impressive.

Kenneth Beer, MD
Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse is best for volume loss in the hands

Radiesse is my favorite filler to inject for hand rejuvenation. I find it to be less expensive and even more effective than Sculptra, which can also be used. When Radiesse is properly diluted with lidoocaine, the injections are almost painless. I prefer an injection technique that uses only one injection point per hand. When done properly, there is absolutely no bruising and the filler is gently massaged to give a beautiful, long lasting result.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Yes, there are several good fillers to restore volume to the hands.  Radiesse works well as does Sculptra, which I actually prefer.  This takes 2 to three treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart but the final results last about 2 years.

Radiesse injections into the back of the hand is a wonderful treatment for loss of volume/ aging hands

Radiesse injections into the back of the hand is a wonderful treatment for loss of volume/ aging hands. As my colleagues noted, this is injected beneath the skin and then massaged over the entire back of the hand to smooth out wrinkles and add volume. Radiesse can be mixed with a small amount of local anesthetic to minimize any discomfort. Expect to use 1-2 syringes total for both hands.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon