Can injectable rhinoplasty be used for narrowing nostrils? (photo)

My Asian nostrils "flare" every time I smile or laugh. If I don't move my face, I like my nose the way it is. The surgeon I have consulted advised surgical rhinoplasty --narrowing the nostrils and adding Goretex (can be removed if I don't like it). I was wondering if I can do injectable rhinoplasty instead. Pictures 1,2, & 3 show how my nostrils "flare" when I smile.Picture #4 shows my "ideal" nose- this is when I am not smiling (side view) and this is exactly how I want my nose to look like all the time.

Can injectable rhinoplasty be used for narrowing nostrils?

+1
Nostril reduction surgically will produce a more natural result. 

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Injectable rhinoplasty

+1
Injection rhinoplasty is a great option for improving the definition of the bridge and increasing the height and definition of the tip of the nose. For the nostril region, however, it will not do much. For this, you are much better off undergoing a rhinoplasty or sometimes a simple alar base reduction alone. That will help the flare significantly and can be performed under local anesthesia with little downtime. 

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon