Possible to Hit a Nerve During a Filler Injection?

Is it possible to hit a nerve during a filler injection? I know it's rare but I'm wondering if it's possible to hit a nerve during filler injection (without a nerve block) with Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse, etc?

Facial nerves and fillers

+2

During any surgical procedure on the face, it possible to encounter a nerve. This includes invasive surgical procedures as well as injectables. It is important that the provider be knowledgeable in anatomy and familiar with the proper injection techniques. This is why I recommend that you seek a board certified plastic surgeon whenever considering one of these procedures. When injected properly, fillers can be very safe and the incidence of nerve injury is extremely low.

Manchester Plastic Surgeon