Longest Lasting Filler for Mouth Corner Wrinkles?

What is the longest lasting injectable filler? The wrinkles in the corners of my mouth have become a source of soreness and irritation from saliva pooling. After treating symptomatically for way too long, I had a filler placed in them and was very pleased with the result. However, it only lasted for about 6 months. I can't afford replacement twice yearly.

Radiesse for lines around the mouth

+1

Radiesse is a longer lasting filler that is safe and effective for the lines between the corner of the lips and the jawline. It can also be used as a volume enhancer for the cheeks. The duration of benefit is about 12 months in my experience. One caution , Radiesse should not be used for fine lines of upper lip or lip enhancement as there is a higher incidence of nodules in this location only as compared with Restylane and Juvederm. You should discuss these options with your doctor.

Torrance Dermatologist

Fillers for corners of mouth

+1

Hi, I would recommend Radiesse, as it provides a nice fill to those wrinkles and gives a small lift, which provides a more youthful effect.  The manufacturer states that this can last 1-1 1/2 years, and in some patients as long as 2 years.  Good luck,/ nsn.

There are several fillers that could work for you

+1

This area can be very tricky to treat but there are longer lasting filler options than the hyaluronic acid fillers. Radiesse, Sculptra and possibly Evolence may be better options for you.  I would discuss these options with your physician.

I hope I was helpful.

Austin Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.